This statue is a replica of David a masterpiece of Renaissance Sculpture, originally created by Italian artist Michelangelo between 1501 to 1504. Currently, the Statue of David is displayed in the Galleria dell'Accademia, one of the most prestigious Art Museums in the world.
David is a biblical figure from the story of David and Goliath, found in Book 1 Samuel. Though David was a teenager, he had to defeat the huge Goliath, who could not be defeated by strength. To defeat someone bigger than him, he needed cunning and skill, and he used the slingshot to do so.
Many statues before Michelangelo's always portrayed David after he has defeated the giant, with Goliath's head by his feet. However, Michelangelo decided to go against trend and portray David before the battle.
You can see the concentration on his face as he thinks about how he'll accomplish it, the rock hidden within his right palm, the slingshot presumably resting on his shoulder, and him waiting for the right moment.
- This David figurine measures 5"L x 3.5"W x 12.5"H approximately.
- Hand-cast using pristine white, natural marble crushed and bonded with durable designer resin
- This figurine is polished by hand to bring out the sparkling finish of real marble for proud display in your indoor home
- Perfect gift for those that love Popular Figure
- Get this masterpiece for your home for a classical look!