ABZ Brand Lion and The Lamb Religious Catholic Resin Statue with Wood Base Sculpture
Regular price $35.19
Isaiah speaks of One who will come and prevail with his reightousness. Here is a direct quotation of the passage which contains the reference to the lion and the lamb: "But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." From Isaiah 11.
- Approximately 10 1/2" x 5 7/8" x 5 7/8"
- Made of high quality composite designer resin
- Each piece is individually hand-finished by our artisans
- A perfect figurine for any devoted Catholic collector to display proudly at home, school, curio cabinet, shelf or in a devotion room
- The true “Lion and the Lamb” passage is Revelation 5:5–6. The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.